Our experienced physical therapists evaluate and treat children of all ages, including premature infants, full term babies, toddlers and pre-school and school aged children. PT treats a wide range of diagnosis, disabilities, congenital disorders and injuries. Our physical therapists complete a thorough evaluation, that includes clinical observations, a comprehensive look at medical history along with standardized testing. Treatment begins after a individualized plan is created for your child. Using evidenced based interventions, PT uses a variety of treatments to build strength, improve quality of movement, coordination and balance that a child needs to complete daily skills in school, home and sports.
PT will work with you and your child to create a home exercise program tailored to your child’s needs.
Physical Therapy provides treatment to improve:
- Flexibility and strength
- Measure and improve range of motion
- Balance and coordination activities
- Strength Training
- Evaluate and treat breathing and muscles related to breath support
- Analyze gait patterns, how a child walks and runs
- Developmental sequencing activities, such as crawling and walking
- Identify any existing and potential movement problems
- Use of modalities such as heat, cold, electric stimulation, massage, and ultrasound
- Provide home exercise programs
- Make orthotic, prosthetic and splint recommendations
- Evaluate for assistive technology such as standers and wheeled mobility